Executive / senior industry position
Financial Analyst II
ApplyPreventive MedicineLos Angeles, California
The Department of Preventive Medicine at the USC Keck School of Medicine is seeking a Financial Analyst II with strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a high desire to succeed in a growing and dynamic organization. Reporting to the Senior Research Administrative Director, the Financial Analyst II will perform a combination of duties related to processing and monitoring business transactions which will require a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Performs complex financial reporting and analyses to assist the organization in business and financial short- and long-term planning.
- Coordinates, organizes and completes strategic and complex projects of a financial or business nature requiring identification and extraction of data, evaluation, interpretation, analysis and summation of findings. Presents results formally to senior management.
- Produces regular and ad-hoc financial and operating reports. Evaluates and analyzes reports and data. Develops conclusions and recommendations and communicates orally or in writing to management.
- Monitors financial operations for a large operating area of the university or for a significant financial activity. Identifies problems or trends and evaluates for solutions. Seeks resolution or brings to the attention of senior management for consideration.
- Reviews existing accounting, reporting and data management systems and methods for adequacy. Contributes to the development and/or modification of financial systems and applications to enhance reporting and information capabilities.
- Provides internal financial consulting services and advises on complex or technical financial issues.