Researcher / analyst
ERA, a Waters Company, is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst III at the Golden Colorado location. The Financial Analyst III will be responsible for month-end close, cost accounting, procure-to-pay and internal controls.
In this position, the Financial Analyst III will be a key member of a 5 person finance team and have an integral role in enhancing the business decisions made by the company through attention to detail and accuracy along with the financial expertise the candidate brings to the function.
- Responsible for month end close process including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Produce financial reporting for internal corporate use – tax reporting, legal entity reporting, capital appropriations and spending reporting
- Responsible for various intercompany accounting including cross charges and account reconciliations
- Maintain Chart of Accounts in Great Plains and mapping of accounts in SAP
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Coordinate and responsible for any internal or external audits – corporate accounting, Sarbanes Oxley, Sales/Use tax, Property tax
- Responsible for the Procure to Pay cycle supporting other team members in their duties
- Coordinate with the Sales team on the quarterly commission calculations and payouts
- Develop, establish, and maintain relationships between the Finance organization and business partners in Operations and Sales/Marketing
Cost Accounting/Production Support
- Lead Golden Site standard cost roll process to update standard costs for finished goods and raw materials of 2 production plants
- Analyze inventory levels and maintain inventory reserve
- Create annual physical inventory counting and cycle counting plans
- Cost new materials in SAP system with support of production team
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost benefit analysis for sourcing solutions
- Generate PPV reports and analyze findings
- Maintain Fixed Asset ledger including additions, depreciation calculations and forecasting, asset counts and impairment analysis
- Manage Capital Appropriation process including CIP tracking and reporting
- Influence behavior of Global Operations and Finance partners to drive profitable growth, strong cash flow, and ensure accountability to Global Operations financial commitments
- CPA preferred.
- 2-3 years public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with the development of Standard Costs.
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables and other data analysis tools.
- Thorough understanding of intercompany accounting and Procure to Pay cycle.
- Ability to apply knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar midsize organization ERP software is strongly preferred.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Share on your newsfeed