Researcher / analyst
Share this Job
Date: Jun 29, 2020
Company: Boston Scientific
Additional Locations: (n/a)Recruiter: Lindsey Mary Baker
About the role: Provide accounting and management information and services to site and corporate management to enable smooth day-to-day business operations. This role will be the finance business partner to the production team and will be responsible for reporting, analytics, and decision support, along with month end close and quarterly forecasting/planning.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with production unit and manufacturing plant leadership teams.
- Assist in all financial planning activities for the Spencer Manufacturing Facility, including annual operating plan, quarterly forecasting, and weekly forecast trending.
- Analyze spend and variance results, prepare reporting packages, and communicate financial performance.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including overhead, product cost, and make vs buy models.
- Represent Finance on key initiatives.
- Prepare and post journal entries as required for accurate GAAP reporting.
- Deliver upon key performance metrics and service levels agreed with business partners.
- Perform all responsibilities consistent with our internal control environment and ensures compliance with GAAP and BSC Financial policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and analytics. Document and maintain work instructions.
What we’re looking for in you: Basic Qualifications
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy
- Very strong analytical skills
- Must be a quick learner and able to engage well with internal and external customers
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Job Segment: Financial, Medical, Financial Analyst, Accounting, ERP, Finance, Healthcare, Technology