Mid-level industry position
About the role:
The Financial Analyst provides strategic analysis and business support to the European Supply Chain supporting functions such as Facilities, Demand Planning, Finance and Adm and dedicates 30% if his/her time to Capital Equipment area to help achieve metrics and financial/VIP targets through management metrics, financial reporting/analysis, tracking of Value Improvement Projects, preparing operating plans and financial models.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist with the quarterly forecasting and prepare the annual operating plan for all Areas of support;
- Report monthly results; track key indicators through balanced scorecards; comment and appraise performance; recommend and drive corrective action plans.
- Produce a monthly Summary for the Supply Chain SLT.
- Compile and analyze each Month financial information through preparation of reports, general ledger entries and journal entries in SAP, Hyperion.
- Assure financial accuracy by preparing business unit and consolidated income statements and balance sheets.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Constantly appraise business performance and check that existing plans are well geared towards driving strong profitable growth. Monitor the development of the country cost structure. Challenge and recommend changes to plans where appropriate. Helps division remain on target
- Key participant in FP&A process, including the preparation and data input of OPEX plans / annual budgets into Pillar.
- Education level: Bachelor (HBO)
- Ability to take initiative & initiate change.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience on Multicultural environment.
- Languages: Fluency in English essential, other European Languages an advantage.
- Willing to travel throughout Europe as needed.
- Excellent PC skills: Proficiency in Access and Excel is mandatory. Tableau, Filemaker , SAP and Hyperion an advantage.
- Capability to work at a high level of detail, but able to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to pro-actively challenge business units.