Job Posting Number: 2020-FT-21
HOURS OF WORK:
This position provides administrative assistance to support the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the Fisheries Management and Conservation Careers in the Science and Technology (FishCAST) student training program.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for the FishCAST program by greeting and directing visitors, receiving and distributing mail, answering telephone calls, responding to inquiries and providing information and guidance, monitoring the FishCAST group email box and responding to and redirecting email as required;
2. Provides administrative assistance to team members to support the development and implementation of the FishCAST program;
3. Assists with scheduling and logistics for internal and external FishCAST meetings, including arranging for meeting space, developing and circulating agendas, taking and distributing minutes, tracking and following up on deliverables, and arranging for travel and accommodation as necessary;
4. Assists with coordination and logistics for various FishCAST events, including seminars, workshops, symposia, and the Annual General Meeting, including promotion, registration, event organization, and arranging for space, travel, hospitality, and accommodation;
5. Serves as the primary contact and point of entry for current and future student program participants, providing information and guidance to students and directing student inquiries as necessary;
6. Provides administrative support to facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of student internships and field courses, including recruitment activities, application process, registration, enrolment, and program completion;
7. Supports UWinsite processes on behalf of the FishCAST program, including monitoring budget, tracking expenditures, generating and submitting journal entries, purchase orders, and invoices, and expense reporting;
8. Assists with the development of quarterly and year-end financial reports and reporting;
9. Provides administrative assistance and liaises with relevant team members and University departments to support the development and implementation of a communications strategy for the FishCAST program;
10. Assists with design, content development, and maintenance of the FishCAST website;
11. Assists with the development and maintenance of the FishCAST social media profile;
12. Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience as it relates to the duties of this position;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally within a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and within a diverse team environment;
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management skills with a track record of success in managing multiple projects and deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with others to create reports, presentations, and other complex documents;
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to take initiative and problem-solve;
• Ability to manage stress and deal with tight internal and external deadlines and heavy workloads;
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and be able to exercise tact diplomacy, discretion, integrity, and sound judgment at all times;
• High degree of cultural competence and awareness and sensitivity to individual and gender differences with the ability to deal with a diverse student and staff population;
• Willingness and ability to work scheduled overtime during peak periods;
• Proficiency with various computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (or equivalent), search engines and database applications;
• Experience with website maintenance (e.g. Drupal), electronic financial management systems (e.g. UWinsite Finance), and student enrolment and registration systems;
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
THE FOLLOWING TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED:
MS Word (Intermediate); Writing Test (70% pass); Proofreading Test (70% pass)
Rate of pay:
Internal Candidates Only
Bargaining unit members interested in these positions are requested to apply electronically by completing an 'Application for Transfer' form and forwarding it to: email@example.com or before Thursday, July 30th, 2020 - 4:00pm (the posting closing date). CUPE 1393 members must also include a cover letter and resume.
Please note: Union positions are covered by the union collective agreement, therefore, please be aware that we must allow our qualified unionized staff the first opportunity for transfer or promotion to these positions. This opportunity is not available to external applicants.
In pursuit of the University of Windsor’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply. If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator (staff positions).