In view of its continuous growth, the Finance Department at IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for a full-time permanent position in Finance with a specialization in CORPORATE FINANCE at the Full Professor level affiliated to the Finance Department (starting in September 2022 in Paris or Lille).
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
- IÉSEG strives to have an innovative and cross-disciplinary approach to pedagogy, helping students to develop their hard and soft skills to become responsible leaders. It has a Center for Educational and Technological Innovation (CETI).
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications. As a result, faculty members are highly successful in publishing their research in top-tier refereed international journals.
- IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 45 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. These are strongly reflected in our recruitment policy, which focuses on promoting equality, diversity and providing an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, a profit sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
- Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels), and our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT
The Department consists of over 30 full-time academic staff. The School provides ample resources to support a variety of research interests and activities (Business Source Complete, WRDS, CRSP, Compustat, BankFocus, TRTH, Refinitiv Workspace, Datastream and Bloomberg among others), and has comparative advantage in promoting cross-disciplinary research that is needed in the modern business world. The School maintains an excellent network with overseas institutions for collaborative work.
Over the last few years, faculty members from the Finance Department have been successful in publishing their research papers in top-tier refereed international journals in areas of (amongst others): executive compensation, internal capital markets, corporate governance, capital structure, economic consequences of ownership structures, M&A activities, corporate spin-offs, dividend policy, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship and small business economics.
The Finance Department is involved in several programs, with many of them including topics related to corporate finance, for instance the Grande Ecole Program, the MSc in Finance, the MSc in Banking, Capital Markets and Financial Technology, the Apprenticeship Program in Financial Institutions: Risk, Compliance and Data Analytics as well as the Executive Program in Financial Management.
The candidate is expected to show evidence of strong teaching skills and a commitment to research excellence. The selected applicant will teach at the undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate levels and/or in our executive education programs. He or she will also contribute to the design and development of the Department’s programs.
Applicants should possess a PhD in Finance/Financial Economics and be completely fluent in English as all courses will be taught in this language. Prior knowledge of French is not required as the School will provide French courses to faculty members.
Applicants are required to have (a) extensive higher education teaching and relevant research experience; (b) a strong publication record in top-tier refereed journals; and (c) good networks in both academia and professional circles at regional and international levels. Applicants should embody the values of the School and be team players.
The salary is competitive. Housing search assistance is provided by IÉSEG. Employees also benefit from French social security benefits, complementary health insurance and a contributory pension scheme.
In order to apply, please fill in the following form: https://recruitment.ieseg.fr/jobs/1446259-full-professor-in-corporate-finance?promotion=310055-trackable-share-link-inomics
When applying, you will be asked to upload, merged into one single pdf file, the following documents:
(1) Cover letter;
(2) Curriculum vitae (including the date and institution of your highest degree);
(3) List of referees with names, affiliations, and email addresses;
(4) Teaching statement (how do you approach this activity; what is your pedagogical strategy) supported by recent teaching evaluations; and
(5) Research statement, accompanied by one working paper.
Two recommendation letters should be sent separately by the referees to:
Dr. Renaud BEAUPAIN
Head of the Finance Department
For any further questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED UPON RECEPTION. THE PROCESS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.