Executive / senior industry position
Locations Job Description
Reporting to a Team Leader, this position is responsible for supporting multiple business units and legal entities. This includes preparing and posting various monthly journal entries, as well as reviewing journal entries and analysis prepared by external resources. This position will be responsible to interact and communicate with internal and external customers in various business units in order to facilitate any special requests and/or reporting requirements. In addition, this position will be required to prepare and review monthly reconciliations for balance sheet and quarterly reporting, including flux analysis. Annually this position will lead in the preparation of the tax package schedules for various companies and the preparation of additional year-end reporting requirements. The Accountant will also participate in SOX testing and special projects. They will assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports as necessary. A person in this position is responsible to assure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. This person will also take lead on multiple projects and provide oversight and guidance to other members. They will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to complete tasks with little to no guidance from leaders. Efficient communication skills are required in order for this associate to work directly with our third party accounting team overseas.
Initial Job Assignments:
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Liaison with Revenue Recognition Team
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Monthly audits of Finance Team Reconciliations
- Pull random sample of account reconciliations in other Finance departments and perform a complete review to include a report out to Managers and Director of findings.
- Open and maintain progress of IT Tickets for General Ledger
- Monthly report out to Director
- Review and improve General Ledger processes from multiple systems
- To include process flows, desktop procedures and trainings/communications
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with little direct supervision
- Preparation of additional complex account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
- Potentially review account reconciliations prepared by others
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of general ledger activities in accordance with month and year end reporting deadlines.
- Integrate Accounting processes from acquired companies into existing processes
- Ensure that all processes and policies are compliant with Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Assist internal/external auditors in periodic audits
- Prepare Quarterly balance sheet analysis, review and remediation
- Communicate directly with multiple functions and businesses and senior management within the organization
- Preparation of non-standard ad-hoc journal entries based on stakeholder requests
- Direct experience in SAP 6.0
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills
- Indirect Tax experience
Join our Talent Community
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org