Global Marketing Director, Neurology – Aimovig
Category:Marketing Posted Date:February 26, 2019
The Global Marketing Director will be responsible for key strategic responsibilities for Aimovig including shaping the global brand strategy, ensuring global HCP and consumer strategies and tactics are aligned to market needs, and partnering with the Novartis global team.
The Director will also be responsible for driving large initiatives (e.g., “Migraine Mission”, technology pilots – telemedicine). As part of these responsibilities, the Director will shape strategies for initiatives, implement initiatives working cross-functionally, and identify future customer needs to technology solutions.
Finally, the Director will act as the marketing lead for our early neurology pipeline that includes assets in Alzheimer’s, pain, and other neurological disease areas. This will include developing commercial strategy, developing forecasts/ supporting portal decisions, and providing input into clinical development plans.
The Director will work cross-functionally, and will navigate a partnership, and will work with agencies.
- Incorporate real-time market insights to ensure HCP and consumer strategies are aligned to country needs
- Work with agency partners to manage deliverables and budget
- Develop business cases for large initiatives
- Develop future landscape and strategies for early pipeline
- Doctorate or Masters degree in finance, business, science, and / or technology
- 10+ years experience in finance, biotechnology / pharmaceutical development and / or top tier Management Consulting and / or Investment Banking firms
- Experience in strategic and in-line marketing
- Experience working with agencies
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically financial analysis
- Strong presence with Senior Executives including ability to communicate effectively on a prepared and ad-hoc basis
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
- Proven experience as a member and leader of a high performing team
- Proven leadership skills and organization management experience
- Experience developing and mentoring staff
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.
Share this job
© 2018 Amgen Inc. All Rights Reserved.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Executive / senior industry position
Thousand Oaks , United States