· Lead GPL group responsible for working within specific oncology disease areas or drug classes to globally align and build an integrated publication strategy and plans for global clinical studies from Phase I (in humans studies) and non clinical trial sources including HEOR, Epidemiology, RWE, Payer, and NIS so that the global and US integrated publication strategy is consistently applied across all study designs, and clear and supportable scientific data are communicated to internal partners (product teams, governance bodies) and external customers (regulatory authorities, payers, physicians and patients)
· Directly manage GPLs in the relevant disease area or drug class
· Lead global performance management, recruitment, training, and coaching of GPL group.
Ensure skills development for the GPL group and work closely and collaboratively with other GPDs and the Senior Director Global Publications, OBU to ensure delivery of training programs that are up to date with AZ publication policy and compliance requirements, as well as deliver innovative scientific, publication and ethical insight to AZ
· Drive the development and maintenance of GPL best practice and expertise, implementing best practice so that AstraZeneca maintains a leading edge in ethical publication standards and in the use of publications as a competitive advantage in drug development under the direction of the Senior Director Global Publications, OBU.
· Coach staff on principles of integrated strategic publication planning
· Drive the AZ strategy for compliance with internal and external publications policy and standards
· Drive training and development of educational programs for GPLs and Marketing Companies on AZ Publications Policy and procedures
· Influence any ongoing strategic development within OBU Medical and other areas that may impact AZ’s ability to deliver industry-leading publications activities in an ethical way
· Build advocacy for publications through effective relationships with key stakeholders and customers across all relevant SET areas, and by creating the framework to maximise brand value through industry-leading publications activities
· Collaborate effectively with Senior Director Global Publications, OBU to influence any ongoing strategic development within GMD, the other Global Medical TAs, and other areas that may impact AZ’s ability to deliver industry-leading publications activities in an ethical way
Corporate / executive
Gaithersburg , United States