Research assistant / technician
Amazing student experiences, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities to make your place in the world.UPEI continues to excel in student enrolment, research, and faculty awards.Graduate Research Assistant - Faculty of Business Competition Number:Salary:Term:
October 8, 2019 – June 1, 2020
Professors Dr. Hayden Woodley (Faculty of Business) and Dr. Alaina Roach O’Keefe (Faculty of Education) are seeking one graduate research assistant to work on a project that will examine the effectiveness of a transformational leadership development program for a local organization (PEI’s Public Service Commission).
- Assist with organization and updating lists of participants in the program
- Assist with organizing and deploying surveys to lists of participants at key data collection points in time
- Assist with preliminary analysis and report generation
- Assist in writing an article for publication
- Assist with report writing for the government
- Assist with writing abstracts for conferences
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for dissemination to government, conferences, etc.
- Currently enrolled in a research-based graduate program at the Master’s or PhD level
- Background in Education, Psychology, and/or Business preferred
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Previous experience as a research assistant
- Excellent organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of APA
- Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
550 University Ave, Charlottetown 1-800-606-UPEI or 902-628-4353