Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Local Unit & Position Description
The Finance Applications Development and Support team focuses on delivering three main service areas; (1) Incident/defect resolution, (2) development of new requirements and (3) localisations/new operating units.
The Group Finance Architect is responsible for ensuring that we design and implement robust solutions for our end-to-end solutions supporting our Group processes or initiatives, within the Oracle Finance domain and ensuring relevant connections to other Business solutions are understood. This key role will drive the scope and design of changes to existing or new solutions, as well as provide drive for resolution of complex scenarios / issues as required.
Main responsibilities (but not exhaustive):
- Support solution governance activities in Oracle EBusiness Suite focusing on Group Finance Area topics such as Accounting, Reporting, Period End solution design, legal entity mergers, reporting ledgers for example, within Finance Applications Unit and work closely with key stakeholders and other units as requested
- Lead design activities for strategic projects across multiple Oracle EBusiness Suite modules and other solutions in the Oracle Finance domain, and new, reusable components, ensuring a high level of consistency across BA’s / GSS where possible.
- Drive the development, understanding and process adherence of the global template as requested, both internally within GSS functions and across the BA’s
- Deliver high quality processes, deliverables and solutions to the customer that enable and meet efficiency (e.g. benefit realisation) as well as compliance objectives, ensuring end-to-end solutions are robust.
- Ensure and deliver solid, sound and scalable solutions and roadmaps according to defined standards and best practices and that the needed actions are taken.
- Ensure functional and technical resources are aware of the relevance of solutions changes / recommendations and the impacts they have and communicate best practice approaches to detailed design deliverables.
- Deliver functional / technical capacity as needed to support the solution delivery, or the detailed follow up in resolving complex issues when required.
- Stay current on a wide variety of new technologies, techniques, patterns, and tools.
- Strong, in-depth knowledge and understanding of how to deliver standard global template solutions
- Strong understanding of how Oracle modules interact and how to utilise integrations to add value within key business processes
- Strong experience of configuration experience and process knowledge within the Financial modules in Oracle Finance, and experience of how the data flows in / out of these modules to other areas in the Oracle Finance domain, and other solutions using API’s
- Extensive experience as architect for Oracle EBusiness Suite solutions in multiple countries, and preferred experience in additional tools Business Intelligence reporting or Consolidation tools for example
- Strong understanding of how a global template and future solutions support an organization, and respective processes
Some examples of required personal qualifications (but not exhaustive):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree and equivalent experience
- Strong, open communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Norwegian will be an advantage
- Ability to work and interact with all levels within the organisation
- Customer focused, team player with the ability to work independently, and result oriented
- Strong track record of delivering to a high quality
- Open minded and willing to continue to develop both own and other’s skills
What we offer:
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad
- A purpose. Know why you get up every morning!
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- A thorough on-boarding process including training in relevant technologies and tools
- An attractive total compensation package
- An international working environment
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Well-equipped exercise center
For more information please contact:
Wendy Snell, Business Analyst Commercial Systems - +44 7854906175
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Share on your newsfeed