Organization: The Copernicus Group, Inc.
Job Type: Full Time - Regular
Description and Requirements
Under supervision, perform professional administrative work coordinating functions within the HCM department with a focus on employee benefits. Assist employees with benefits enrollment and questions, manages insurance billing, maintain employee database and files, assists with benefits reporting and insurance updates. In addition, assist in the facilitation of HCM program administration, services, strategies, and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the company. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s overall mission to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in clinical research. As a member of the HCM team will provide coverage and support for peers as needed and receive guidance and escalation support from the HR Operations leadership team.
- Display integrity and positive attitude when dealing with employees, potential candidates, internal and external clients while protecting our company's value by keeping information confidential.
- Work closely with leadership within the Compensation and Benefits team in the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental, vision, life, disability, PTO, and 401(k) which include but are not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining employee benefits enrollment system and ensuring benefits changes are entered appropriately in HRIS system
- Assist in completing benefits reporting requirements to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Create and distribute monthly benefits orientation schedule for new hires including WebEx set up, calendar block and providing important notices and disclosures
- Assist employees with benefits related questions including eligibility, claims, and paid time off
- Prepare monthly benefits billing statements timely and accurately
- Prepare and maintain weekly employee leave reporting
- Coordinate and maintain corporate recognition and rewards program eligibility and updates
- Assist in merger & acquisition, HRIS set up
- Coordinate annual site meetings for various communication efforts
- Assist in the development, drafting and maintenance of position descriptions for all positions.
- Complete initial desktop reviews of all position descriptions for FLSA compliance.
- Assist in compensation analysis; participate in geographical and industry-specific salary surveys and create/modify job descriptions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Work closely with HCM Business Partners to prepare for new employees and employee terminations:
- Prepare onboarding/new hire paperwork. Ensure all documents are complete and accurate as well as ensuring new employees are properly entered into HRIS system.
- Prepare employee termination paperwork and ensure all documents are complete and accurate as well as ensuring terminated employees are properly removed from payroll, benefits and any other HR systems.
- Central point of contact for maintaining the HRIS system including all employee changes.
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of all HCM filing and record-keeping, both paper-based and electronic for compliance with applicable law, rules and regulations and as directed by policy or management.
- Provide support to staff regarding human resource practices, interpretation of company policy and problem resolution ensuring compliance with federal and state law.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling required transactions.
- Update checklists as changes in processes occur.
- Maintain all legally required postings of Federal and State safety and employment laws.
- Enhance department and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· PHR Certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures affecting benefits administration required.
- Must be able to administer the assigned duties of the Human Resources and benefits program and to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to express oneself clearly, concisely, tactfully, demonstrating the ability to work with all employees required.
- Required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees of the company and relevant external parties including all levels of staff and executive leadership.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, be flexible, work with interruptions, work in stressful situations, and shift priorities of work as required.
- Must be able to plan and organize work effectively to meet established guidelines.
- Proficiency in customer service skills and interpersonal communications will be required.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (specifically ADP) a plus.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain high confidentiality of sensitive information required.
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.