Executive / senior industry position
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our Healthcare business sector is looking for an accomplished leader to build and develop a newly instituted center for R&D in India, located in Bangalore. The role reports directly to the Global Head of Healthcare Development and is part of the global Development Committee. The Head of R&D India is expected to be a driving force in R&D’s contribution to our Healthcare’s strategy, becoming an industry leader in the development of transformative medicines, with scientific excellence and agility, balancing priorities across both the innovative and marketed pipeline.
Being the primary interface between Global R&D and key internal and external stakeholders, this role will be key in developing and shaping the future direction of the R&D organization.
In particular, the Head of R&D India will:
- Be the link between R&D India and the Global R&D functional leadership (the “face” of R&D in India) in the Development Committee of our Healthcare sector.
- Be a driving force in the further development and expansion of the Healthcare R&D excellence Centre in India, through growing local leadership representation in global functions
- Proactively create opportunities to increase the scope of local activities, in sophistication and across the value chain as well as help define and develop global R&D processes
- Operate in a balanced matrix organizational structure by providing strong overall management and leadership to our Healthcare R&D India, supporting the execution of R&D strategies while ensuring close alignment with the Development Units at the same time
- Shape and establish a local R&D identity and innovation culture with an agile mindset
- Instill a leadership culture focused on lean governance, process simplification, role clarification, decision-making transparency, and knowledge sharing
- Plan and manage infrastructure requirements functionally and in alignment with our India leadership
- Build & develop local functional services such as request resolution handling, reporting support, legal/compliance
Who you are:
- Inspiring Leader with a background in science MSc / PhD / MD and / or MBA preferable
- 10+ years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in a global R&D matrix role with demonstrated success and progression
- Record of effective decision making, conflict resolution, agile working methods, effective teamwork and cross-functional collaboration
- Track record of influencing without formal authority and in global matrix settings
- Experience in setting-up organizations with a strong culture of performance and agility
- Successful leader in change management with a comprehensive understanding of employee engagement principles
Specific Competencies and Skills
- High learning agility, potential for global leadership roles
- Strong interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong matrix leadership and influencing skills, including conflict management
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Sense of accountability and goal-/ value-orientation
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset for portfolio and organizational decisions outside of their realm
- Strong English language skills, with fluency in a second European language desirable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com