Researcher / analyst
Share this Job
Date: Jul 29, 2020
Company: Boston Scientific
About the role:
Do you have passion for improving access to care? Are you excited to build programs to inform healthcare policy, articulate the value of medical technology and engage with providers, healthcare systems and payer? Do you have the desire to be in a highly visible and influential role in a well-established medical device industry leader? Then you may be an excellent candidate for an Analyst role within our Health Economics and Market Access team supporting Boston Scientific’s Peripheral Interventions business. A fundamental priority for this position will be supporting the development and implementation of health policy and reimbursement initiatives, through collaboration with cross-functional colleagues and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include:
- Utilize knowledge of available data assets (e.g. Medicare claims data, CMS payment information) to identify research opportunities and define/execute analyses in support of business unit objectives.
- Monitor and assess health policy updates impacting the business’ emerging technologies and commercially marketed products. Develop related communications to inform senior management.
- Address reimbursement, coding and documentation inquiries from divisional sales force and key external stakeholders (e.g., hospitals, clinicians, investigator sites, professional societies).
- Maintain and update health economic and reimbursement resources for the IC business unit, including coding guides and reimbursement calculators.
- Support new product development teams to ensure health economics and reimbursement needs are incorporated into product development plans and timelines.
- Provide appropriate in-service training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies and their role in supporting a product’s success.
- Collaborate with functional colleagues to inform strategic activities related to health economic research, health policy and business development.
- Customer-facing experience (i.e., customer service, complaint handling, etc.)
- Ability to read and apply policies (i.e., government policy, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education
- 1+ year experience in health care, preferably with experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device or pharmaceutical arena
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. healthcare systems including health policy trends, payment systems (inpatient/outpatient/physician/ASC) and associated documentation/coding requirements.
- Ability to advance initiatives independently and in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communications skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration or related discipline highly desirable.
- Familiarity with interventional cardiology / structural heart procedures and products
- Coding certifications (e.g. Certified Cardiovascular Coder)
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis