Practitioner / consultant
Health Services Consultant
Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Services, the Health Services Consultant will be responsible for coordinating all employee related medical activities and promoting Positive health. In addition, the Health Services Consultant will act as a medical consultant for Human Resources Staff, Health & Safety Group as well as Management.
- Manages Income Protection Program Disability Claims and Work Accommodation related processes.
- Liaises with department managers, insurance company representatives, government agents, treating-physicians, and all other professionals in the management of the claims process.
- Acts as a medical consultant to the WSIB Claims administrator on all work-related illnesses and injuries, and to the HR Consultants on all employee health related matters.
- Manages site specific employee medical file system and all necessary information, as well as employee medical policy and related procedures including Preplacement Medical Assessment and Biennial Health Reviews.
- Assesses employee health issues and provides guidance to employees in the resolution of such matters.
- Acts as a consultant for employees having personal problems as needed. (Remove)
- Assists in the management of the Employee Assistance Program ensuring employee confidentiality, satisfaction and quality of service.
- Participates and develops initiatives to promote a Healthy Workplace
- COHN(C) Designation (or working towards).
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Occupational with focus on Disability Claims Management or Work Accommodation is required for this role.
- Knowledge of WSIB and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Experience in a Manufacturing Occupational Health Setting is preferred.
- Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.