Mid-level industry position
The primary objective of the Healthcare Business Manager (HBM) is to increase sales and visibility of laboratory products in the healthcare market by managing relationships for key Clinical Customers (GPO’s, IDN’s) and Healthcare Channel Partners in their assigned region. This position involves collaboration with Laboratory Products Division Commercial Team, LPD Regional Leadership, Commercial Product Management and Business Units in addition to supporting functions to drive sales to the Healthcare market. The Healthcare Business Manager will be responsible for driving sales for the following products: Samco Clinical Consumables, Liquid Handling and Laboratory Equipment, with an expanded focus on Pharmacy and Physician Office Labs to the Healthcare market. The HBM will work closely with the region’s Territory Sales Representatives (TSR’s) and Laboratory Products Essentials Representatives (LPE) in positioning LPD product through strategic sales initatives. In addition to working with the LPD commercial team, the HBM will align with the channel partners, corporate accounts, and key opinion leaders in the healthcare segment. It will also include working closely with key healthcare clients to cultivate future projects and qualify new opportunities. The HBM will work alongside the National Sales Manger, to effectively manage relationships with channels to market, inclusive of the C-suite.
- Takes leadership role reporting to National Sales Manager in managing channels to market.
- Drive revenue growth for the Laboratory Products Healthcare products segment, Samco, Liquid Handling and Laboratory Equipment and Laboratory Product Essentials, organize training with channel partners.
- Ensure channels have adequate support to promote our products e.g., work days with LPG Reps, training events, utilizing SFDC.
- Identify and monitor opportunities for performance improvement in Healthcare sales across the Region (Pipeline reviews via SFDC).
- Work with LPD National Sales Manager to ensure TSR’s and LPR’s activity in assigned Region commensurate with objectives around growth of channels.
- Manage relationships at key healthcare accounts (IDN’s and GPO’s) and help support development of these accounts alongside LPD team.
- Act as voice of healthcare channel in providing feedback information on new applications/products, customer activity, dealer personnel changes, product quality/reliability, competitive pricing, bid results.
- Resolve or manage commercial issues involving healthcare customers (e.g., getting support on RFPs ,GPO’s and IDN)
- Act as a counsel to advise business units, Commercial Product Managers, and Product Managers, along with other support functions regarding commercial issues relating to the channels.
- With National Sales Manager, identify and execute tactical and strategic initiatives to drive end user preference for our products in clinical markets with key support functions (e.g., field marketing)
- Domestic Travel, 60% average
• Bachelors Required, Sciences preferred.
• Demonstrated ability or aptitude to effectively sell through multiple sales channels.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate with customers and channel partners.
• Excellent computer skills, including experience in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Sales Force Automation (e.g., salesforce.com).
• Strong process orientation.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).