Find your new career in Bay Area life sciences! Scroll down to browse listings from hundreds of companies in the QB3 network.
San Francisco, CA, US
Velano is seeking an accomplished Human Resources Leader/Partner to help aid in the growth of our company. Central to the role is expertise and a proven track record exploring and implementing best approaches for attracting and retaining talent. You will work closely with management in establishing a company culture rooted in transparency and efficiency.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will provide the highest level of executive people support during a time of growth, and will help ensure daily people operations are running smoothly.
Key Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of related HR federal/state/ local laws and labor legislation is a must
- Maintaining HR personnel records (HR documents) and refining and owning onboarding/offboarding processes
- Ability to recruit top talent and achieve hiring goals
- Approve payroll in a timely manner and ensure processed via Finance department
- A positive attitude and unwavering motivation to succeed
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent communication and people skills necessary
- Work closely with Office Manager to optimize experience for both office-based and remote employees
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability based on data
- Provide efficient and high-touch experience for new hire candidates, from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, leading interview and offer process, reference checks, salary recommendations, and closing
- Other people-related and operational duties as may be required
Skills/Experience Experience Requirements:
- Human resource or related business experience with at least 5+ years people leadership experience, preferably with experience in the MedTech and/or startup industry
- Strong knowledge of California Employee Labor Laws is a must
- Demonstrated ability to work both at the strategic and tactical level with a can-do attitude to do what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate a high sense of urgency in driving critical initiatives and resolution to sensitive issues
- Other experience in behavioral, personality or work-performance assessment welcome
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GSuite
- Preferred, but not a must, experience with communication and collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Experience implementing and creating Performance Review processes, management and ability to edit finished products before presenting to employees
Knowledge of Systems and Tools:
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirement
- Assemble information for HR and Employment/Recruiting reports
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with HRS tools
- Great attention to detail and follow-up capabilities
- Knowledge in compliance issues such as FMLA, EEOC, ADA, DOL, COBRA, FLSA, and HIPAA
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources, or related field. (If you don’t have a degree, let us know what experience you have that is applicable to this role!)
Office Environment / Company Benefits:
- Dental, medical insurance, and 401K
- Snacks and coffee in the office
- Office located in the Financial District of SF
Sign up for our mailing list
Our events and newsletter mailings are a great way to learn about what's going on and keep up with the latest from our startups.