Other International SRK Websites
SRK KolkataSRK Mining Services (India) Pvt Ltd CE 106, Sector-1 Salt Lake City Kolkata 700064 West Bengal, IndiaTel:
Description of Responsibilities:
SRK are seeking a Graduate / Post Graduate or Consultant level Hydrogeologist to join an experienced water team in the India office, on a permanent basis. As an SRK Hydrogeologist, you will have the opportunity to work on projects such as mine dewatering design, slope depressurisation, groundwater baseline and impact assessment, water remediation and water supply.
The work involved in undertaking this role may include the following activities, as well as other responsibilities as required:
- Fieldwork: groundwater surveys, water quality sampling, drilling supervision and on-site hydrogeological testing and monitoring;
- Monitoring and pumping well design;
- Analysis of hydrogeological tests and data;
- Use of numerical modelling techniques to assess a variety of common hydrogeological problems;
- Hydrogeological input to project development studies, environmental assessments and mine operational support;
- Proposal preparation and report writing;
- Client liaison; and assisting with project management.
- Post Graduate in Geoscience with specialization in Hydrogeology, or Graduate in Civil Engineering with Post Graduate / specialization in Water Resource Engineering
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills requiring strong English language skills (verbal and written).
- Strong communication skills in English
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Desire to travel
- Experience in mining and/or quarry water management
- Previous experience of undertaking commercial hydrogeological or hydrological studies
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include international travel.
Applicants should respond by sending their resume by email to:
Warning regarding fraudulent job offers.
Please be aware that fraudsters have been known to contact people looking for work and offer false roles at SRK.
We treat such incidents very seriously and report any such occurrences to relevant regulatory and law enforcement agencies.