Mid-level industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL is looking for an internal control specialist manager who will be responsible for the process of compliance and testing of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR). The position will report to Head of Group Accounting.
Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) within Group Finance will be responsible for developing and maintaining an effective and efficient ICFR framework in DNV GL as well as governing, monitoring and facilitating the company’s ICFR processes to support the production of high quality financial statements.
As an ICFR manager you will be responsible for supporting the business areas in designing, implementing, and monitoring appropriate internal controls over financial reporting. For the initial period you will be working on a project with the largest Business Area, DNV GL Maritime, reporting to the Finance Director in DNV GL Maritime. You will coordinate controls and processes across business areas and IT systems to ensure standardization where possible.
- Lead the yearly assessment of the ICFR framework for risk assessment, scoping, and control strategy.
- Develop, plan, and evaluate the organization's activities across various business areas and group functions to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and standards set forth for ICFR.
- Manage the ICFR process for assigned areas, including communication with management and control owners, execution of testing, review of testing, and reporting to management.
- Monitor and support the business areas and process owners for the proper implementation, execution, and documentation of ICFR within assigned areas.
- Act as a resource for ICFR processes and participate actively in continuous improvement of the DNV GL ICFR framework.
- Provide status and analysis to management on the status of ICFR projects.
- Academic degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Seven or more years of accounting/internal audit experience
- Public Accounting experience (Big 4 experience)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of IFRS and internal control over financial reporting (ICFR)
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and come up with sound and rational judgments
- Excellent analytical skills, target and performance driven
- A broad business appreciation and willingness to become involved in aspects of the business beyond financial management
- Ability to gain consensus/influence in developing and implementing internal controls processes
- Positive attitude, customer centric mind-set and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Ability to accomplish work within deadlines without considerable direction
- High proficiency with ERP systems (preferably Oracle Finance), Excel and Power BI
- Ability to lead and show progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills; excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, ability to provide resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
We are located beautifully close to the sea and can offer a wide variety of benefits like sport clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis court etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” - to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
Work location is at the company HQ just outside Oslo at Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
For more information please contact Johannes Røyrvik, Head of DNV GL Group Internal Audit, +47 90800119, or Christine Sørlie, Head of DNV GL Group Accounting, +47 91815101.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Share on your newsfeed