Expires: June 18th, 2020
Procurement & Logistics
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
We seek diversity in our workplace, Indigenous persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Internal Distribution and Support position is responsible for the picking, sorting and handling of materials to be transported and distributed throughout the Red River College campus. Materials to be handled may include mail, supplies, inventory, furniture, equipment and archived records. Other duties include processing outgoing mail and parcels, mail metering and use of mail/parcel shipping and tracking software applications. The incumbent will provide assistance to and works in tandem with other members of the Logistics team including Shipper Receivers, Supply Coordinators and Distribution personnel within the College.
- Experience with inbound and outbound mail processing
- Experience with picking, sorting, and delivering supplies, furniture and equipment
- Proficient with MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of mail/courier tracking software applications
- Experience operating material handling equipment (e.g. forklift, power jacks/lifts, etc.)
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of WHIMS and Safety Data Sheets (SDS), previously MSDS
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
Conditions of Employment:
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- Incumbent must be physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position. A medical certificate from a certified physician will be required.
- May be required to work at various RRC campuses
- Valid class 5 drivers license
Competition Number: 2020-063
Closing Date: June 17, 2020
Salary: $35,519 - $48,588 per annum (Effective June 20, 2020 salary will change to $35,878 - $49,080 per annum)
Position Location: Notre Dame Campus (Winnipeg, MB)
Position Type: Full-Time Position Available
Apply by email to email@example.com
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street