Expires: July 1st, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Land Acquisition Specialist position within our Housing Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Land Acquisition Specialist is responsible for negotiating and acquiring agreements for site acquisition for the MMF and its affiliates.
- Prepare and submit memorandum of agreements, deed requests, and lease documents including tax forms, payment instructions, and trust documents in a timely manner;
- Complete financial modeling for new land acquisitions;
- Weigh each land option and combine analysis, creativity, and realism to choose the appropriate action or plan;
- Maintain accurate records of land transactions;
- Work closely with landowners, local governments, and community organizations to gain support for proposed MMF projects;
- Coordinate with lawyers, permitting specialists, and engineers to determine whether sites are suitable for MMF development and to lead the process of purchasing or leasing the land.
- Communicate the status of land transactions clearly and frequently in order to identify and address any issues that may impede the execution of a land lease or contract;
- Negotiate various types of land-use agreements with private landowners and special interest groups.
- Research jurisdictional development and building requirements;
- Complete competitive market analyses
- Prior experience in land acquisition;
- Legal or financial experience is preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Work, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of land use, zoning procedures, and real estate acquisition;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and quick turnaround;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street