Researcher / analyst
About IHS Markit, Private Capital Markets:
Private Capital Markets division empowers private capital market participants to more effectively control their data. Whether it is for portfolio assessment, valuations, investor reporting, or on-demand insight into operating metrics of a specific asset, IHS Markit Private Capital Markets is the platform of choice.
What’s in it for you:
IHSM, Private Capital Markets is looking for a Lead Business Analyst who is passionate about delivering high-value, high-impact solutions to the world’s most demanding, high-profile clients. The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, and strong business analysis acumen. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a thorough understanding of the entire software and product development lifecycle along with its corresponding delivery methodologies / frameworks used (Agile, Waterfall, BDD). The candidate must have prior experience within the capital market domain and must be exposed to large system projects, system changes (BAU). The candidate should be comfortable working with data at a granular level be able to run complex SQL queries to analyze and extract system data.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Prior financial services experience in the Capital Market domain, portfolio valuations concepts, risk analysis and underlying asset class important.
- Create and deliver detailed business and functional requirements specification documents and assist with the creation of technical specification/design documents
- Liaise with business stakeholders and technical delivery teams to ensure that requirements are communicated and developed as per the business needs
- Thorough understanding and experience in SDLC through an Agile based, behavioral driven development (BDD) approach
- Create user stories and decompose them into constituent feature files to be consumed by the BDD framework
- Facilitate workshop sessions between product and technology teams and provide an overview, and enhance the business requirements, feature files, and overall functionality of the system
- Create system use cases, flow diagrams and interactive mock-ups outlining functional requirements
- Manage projects across functional teams in the organization, including business, development, quality assurance and operations teams
- Developing a thorough understanding of the system, eventually ramping up to become the SME on the system
- Identify and manage business and project risks and facilitate in change management
- Validate quality assurance test plans and test cases against business requirements
- Run SQL queries to analyze, test and report data for multiple source database systems
- Coordinate and assist in UAT to ensure the developed functionality meet the business specifications
- Be part of a cross-functional and geographically dispersed agile team to successfully deliver key project milestones in an effective and timely manner
- Manage internal communication on project milestones, issues, and risks and ensure that all teams, business stakeholders and leadership are updated on a frequent basis
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience with 4+ years as a Business Analyst.
- CFA level 1/2 a plus and experience in Financial Services IT domain preferred
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proficiency in writing SQL to analyze and report from source database systems preferred
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Country: India
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.