Performs routine set up, operation, minor and major routine maintenance, preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting of highly complex/automated manufacturing equipment. Controls and adjusts machine settings. Inspects in-process parts to ensure consistent quality and removes defective product, packaging, and component material. Must possess mechanical aptitude to complete changeover of equipment and some operator level preventive maintenance. Assist with root-cause analysis activities for process or product exceptions. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jig and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Ensures accurate documentation of all relevant quality, safety and maintenance documents. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves complex issues associated with the machine performance and/or product quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works within standards and operating procedures to plan, perform, and make decisions regarding the set up and operations of a variety of production equipment, including automated machine processes and controls to perform routine assembly-line production functions of filling, packing, assembling, labeling and inspecting
- Uses independent judgment in troubleshooting and problem solving under little/no supervision
- May perform clean up functions in sterilized areas
- Identifies the need for minor equipment repairs
- Analyze and evaluate charts, follows simple diagrams, testing, and inspecting procedures
- Conducts root-cause analysis activities for process or product exceptions
- May monitor quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all relevant quality, safety, and maintenance documents. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves complex issues associated with the machine performance and/or product quality.
- Provides support to the lead/supervisor when necessary
- May provide training support for on-boarding and/or new procedures
- May provide support on special projects
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all BD housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all BD safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet BD business requirements
- Perform other duties as required ( FLOATER)
- High School degree with 4 years manufacturing experience including Food, Pharma, and Industrial production settings. Must have experience working in a regulated environment (FDA).
- AA technical degree with 2 years experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be punctual in order to ensure production
- Ability to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature with the skill to recognize any deviations from specification
- Ability to operate independently within the constraints of approved process-related documentation
- Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
Join our Talent Community
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org