Executive / senior industry position
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Advancement & Alumni Relations, the Manager, Donor Relations is responsible for overseeing all donor stewardship and recognition activities on behalf of UFV, to thank and steward donors, cultivate prospects and build and strengthen relationships in support of UFV. The Manager supervises the Donor Relations Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the work of the Donor Relations Officer
- Updates and administers naming and recognition policies, and implements university-wide standards. Identifies and administers appropriate recognition opportunities
- Conducts asset valuation of all UFV recognition properties (positions, programs, capital investment, equipment etc.)
- Supports Advancement team by providing information and vetting solicitation proposals as they pertain to recognition
- Develops annual business plan and related budget. Monitors and provides forecasts on quarterly basis
- Develops five-year strategic plan to engage donors in preparation of potential comprehensive campaign
- Develops three-year launch plan for “UFV Ripple Makers” donor recognition program, incorporating stewardship strategies at all giving levels including a continuum of mass personalization to customized initiatives
- Works with UFV Marketing and Communications teams to create suite of collateral materials and branded items for UFV Ripple Makers program
- Works with Major Gifts team on creation of and execution of individual stewardship plans for top donors including tours, events, meetings, reports etc.
- Works with Advancement, Marketing and Communications teams to create customized reports for major donors
- Works with UFV faculty and staff to identify and implement targeted recognition opportunities
- Oversees stewardship of bursary and scholarship donors including preparation of endowed fund reports and provision of annual scholarship, award and bursary reports to donors. Liaises with Financial Aid and Finance teams as required
- Leads integration of new fund report software in collaboration with IT Services team to create an automated system for creating and distributing donor fund reports on a timely basis
- Prepares briefing notes for President, VP, External and Executive Director, Advancement & Alumni Relations as appropriate
- Works with Annual Giving Officer to orchestrate student gratitude calling
- Oversees creation of Donor Impact Report and various promotional channels
- Tracks all appropriate activity in Raiser’s Edge related to interaction with donors; awards and funds
- Works with Finance to ensure accurate fund balance reporting and that donor funds are spent per donor’s intent and instructions
- Works with Finance and Financial Aid and Awards regarding surplus on allocation of earned interest on endowed funds
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Philanthropy or a related field from a recognized post- secondary institution
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience with minimum of 3 years in a fundraising organization, preferably in a stewardship role
- Experience working with scholarships and bursaries and building donor recognition systems
- Experience overseeing a giving circle
- Experience coordinating large scale and private stewardship events
- Significant experience using Raiser’s Edge software or other CRM database required
- Demonstrated experience working with high net worth individuals and corporations and community leaders
- Demonstrated experience working with institution’s President, senior leadership team, faculty and staff to steward donors
- Demonstrated credibility, maturity, integrity and collaborative skills to lead others by influence
- Creative and entrepreneurial outlook with a strong intellectual curiosity
- Passionate about working with people. Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Strong ability to manage actions using Raiser’s Edge or related CRM system, and experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with and representing the interests of diverse populations
- High standards of professional etiquette, ethics, integrity and judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to address complex/confidential/sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar
- Highly organized with excellent project management and planning skills to achieve goals and deadlines
- Sound judgement, strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of changing operational priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as a team player
- Knowledge of and experience in a post-secondary environment preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working in the Fraser Valley an asset
How to apply
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8Phone: (604) 854-4554
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. UFV is committed to the principle ofequity in employment.
Canada V2S 7M8
The University of the Fraser Valley is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship with what they refer to as S'olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land); therefore, we express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in this territory.