Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 87396 - New York, New York, United States
The Manager of International Tax Reporting will oversee the international tax compliance and provision functions in accordance with the U.S. tax law reporting requirements. This includes the review of actual and forecasted net cost of income earned by controlled foreign corporations, foreign branches, and foreign partnerships, compiled and analyzed with the help of Alteryx software.
The candidate’s specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review the consolidated calculation of foreign branches, general limitation and passive Subpart F, Global Intangible Low Taxed Income (GILTI), and Foreign Derived Intangible Income (FDII) for the US tax return and quarterly forecasts. The review will encompass detailed review of complex international calculations, tax attributes, and effects of business developments and foreign currency fluctuations, identifying key drivers of variances affecting the consolidated tax cost, and identifying tax savings opportunities.
- Communicate variances in tax cost to the senior tax team and senior financial management.
- Prepare and/or review calculations of earnings and profits, taxable income, Subpart F, and foreign tax credits of selected foreign branches and subsidiaries based on the financial information, foreign tax returns and questionnaires gathered from overseas.
- Lead a team of 2 senior analysts and an intern. Train, supervise, and guide the team in various compliance procedures, as well as US tax technical analysis.
- Educate cross-functional colleagues in tax concepts and issues relating to international tax compliance and reporting, to foster strong relationships with business partners and functional area experts of the Company;
- Work closely with Senior Tax Managers on special tax planning ideas, tax saving projects, and process improvement initiatives.
- Determine the impact of proposed and/or new tax legislation and rulings for US tax reporting purposes.
- Monitor complex foreign transactions to determine sourcing of income, Subpart F income implications, deductibility and allocation of expenses, and foreign tax credit availability and utilization.
- Present results of research analysis and modeling to tax and finance leadership, including modeling of new legislation.
- Participate actively, as needed, in the audits conducted by U.S. and foreign tax authorities, by providing accurate and complete information.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable, Treasury, and Human Resources on US withholding tax matters.
- Prepare 861 expense allocation and apportionment workpapers; ensure compliance and timely submission of information by foreign legal entities.
- Review submissions and calculations, and monitor business and foreign tax developments for a group of legal entities with respect to their effect on US tax costs and compliance requirements.
- Supervise the completion of all compliance functions for the international tax group, which includes tax system processing, tax return completion, and review of Forms 1120 (for foreign branches), 1118, 5471, 8858, 8865, 5713, 8992, 8993, and 1042)
- Calculate, review, and monitor the Company’s U.S. tax provision relating to International Operations.
- Manage Colgate’s global cash remittances, in coordination with Treasury, Legal and Financial Reporting departments.
- Plan the level of dividends, determine the impact on dividend planning on the company’s capital structure, coordinate with Treasury, the Tax Centers of Excellence, and the subsidiaries on the amount and timing of dividend payments, monitor the payment of dividends, compute the impact of foreign exchange gains and losses of remitted and unremitted earnings for US GAAP and US tax purposes, and communicate remittance plans.
- Track and maintain previously taxed earnings and profits.
- Utilize the Alteryx software to run workflows for international tax computations.
- Lead change and innovation, implement automation and process improvement activities, including data standardization and analysis, through the utilization of existing and new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in International Tax compliance, with a minimum of 5 years in a Big Four public accounting firm
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting and U.S. tax provisions affecting international operations, including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, foreign exchange transactions, hyperinflation, and allocation and apportionment of expenses to identified sources of income
- Knowledge and experience with Section 965
- Must be able to read, and interpret, the IRC, treasury regulations and related authority
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and creativity to arrive at tax solutions
- Attention to detail with meticulous organization skills
- Must be assertive and a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience supervising, managing, motivating, and training team members.
- Ability to build and maintain global and departmental business relationships; 10% travel required.
- Knowledge of Onesource International Tax programs Automation or business intelligence skills (e.g., Alteryx) Experience with Google Suites
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Job Segment: Accounting, Accounts Payable, Tax, Compliance, Manager, Finance, Legal, Management