Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people and has annual revenue of approximately $2.7 billion. Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and personal care, household care and premium beverages.
The Marketing & Commercial Excellence Manager will lead all marketing initiatives from trade show presence, general marketing materials, sales materials and collateral / samples for innovation sessions. This role has a leading role in determining short- and long-term marketing goals, and delivering against those goals. Additionally, the Marketing & Commercial Excellence Manager will focus on tools, process and projects to drive commercial success – including a focus on salesforce effectiveness and contracting.
- Develop and execute tactical plan to deliver against marketing strategic objectives
- Execute primary research campaigns (Buying Green, Customer Satisfaction)
- Manage and own tradeshow / event presence (booth, collateral, attendees, event strategy, etc)
- Support commercial team with collateral for customer meetings, innovation sessions, etc.
- Build and own master decks and templated customer communications
- Develop Trivium content library with standard materials for use globally
- Coordinate efforts across regions to ensure best practice and collateral sharing
- Develop and track key KPIs for salesforce effectiveness (SFE)
- Work with commercial teams to build tools and processes to facilitate commercial success
- Identify and execute projects to increase SFE
- Partner with management team to develop contracting strategy
- Assist with building out tools, processes and protocol for contracting
- Support negotiations / discussions with customers
- Liaison between legal and commercial team
- Liaise with South American ComEx manager to ensure coordination across regions
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- 6-7 years of previous work experience with bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Strong supervisory & leadership skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail – able to drive multiple projects / initiatives at once
- Strong understanding of marketing strategies and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- While not required, knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese language is a plus
This position will perform a majority of job duties in an office environment where using a computer, telephone and printer are common. This job will require travel in some instances to attend customer sites and tradeshow events.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving excellence through their commitment and drive and maintaining a focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together, our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago