We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
· Stock and retrieve boxes and parts of various shapes and sizes from indoor and outdoor storage areas
· Communicate in a team environment
· Follow pick tickets and routes accurately and quickly
· Use pallet jacks and material movement devices (i.e. forklifts) for retrieval and moving of items
· Pack product for shipping in accordance with customer requirements, business processes, and applicable regulations
· Utilize pad-pack machines, shrink wrap machines, fork lifts, and other tools / equipment, as required
· Use computer applications related to shipping, receiving and stockroom
· Produce labels using computer programs
· Load trucks both manually and with use of a fork-lift
· Willingness and ability to use measuring and wiring tools, as required by the job
· Willingness and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Willingness and ability to stand on feet and walk 8 hours
· Willingness and ability to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, and reach
· Willingness and ability to work overtime, as required
· Willingness and ability to work with hands extended above head
· Willingness and ability to perform work while standing on a ladder
· Willingness and ability to stand on feet and walk to perform all physical requirements of the job for an 8-10 hour shift
Experience with shipping software
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Alstom offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Alstom recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee. Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Make the switch to a new track and join Alstom today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact Alstom’s Recruiting Department at email@example.com (please use“Accommodation Request” as the subject line).