Executive / senior industry position
Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile R&D team working in a start-up-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In R&D, you never quite know what’s around the corner, but we can tell you that you’ll be involved in a variety of innovative and exciting projects, from developing new products to finding cost savings, and everything in between. Here, you’ll use your talent and track record for delivering technical solutions to complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
- Job Type:
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The complementary nature of BD and CareFusion capabilities make the new, combined company more relevant than ever before. It’s not just the solutions we offer, It’s also where we offer them. The global reach of the combined company can offer new solutions around the world.
Zakiyyah Walker, Staff Engineer, R&D Lean Processes
"As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from."
Michael Carrano, Sr. Program Manager, Sustaining Team Leader, R&D Project Management
"Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals."
Justyna Zielinska, Project Manager, Project/Program ManagementJob Description SummaryThe Sr. Engineer supports the key business objectives of the assigned plant (Growth, Profitability, and Innovation). Through production support and assigned plant specific projects, the associate drives activities to deliver upon these objectives. Through the execution of deliverables, the Sr. Engineer is proficient with and capable of performing in many key areas defining the duties and responsibilities of this role.Job Description
"BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service."
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting Manufacturing Issues and general floor support across production lines – Emerging Subject Matter Expert for many products and processes implemented in the assigned plant
- Manufacturing Fabrication Methods such as Castings, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, Machined components. - Emerging Subject Matter Expert on most manufacturing processes used across manufacturing. May provide guidance to engineering on part design
- Application of Transfer functions during troubleshooting and production support (i.e. Statistical Tolerance Analysis, Design for Six Sigma) - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the application of tools in the analysis of parts and subsystems
- Understanding of Manufacturing Statistical methods, such as process capability and Design of Experiments - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the application of many statistical tools used to assist in development and troubleshooting of products and processes.
- Project Management leadership in areas focusing on material cost reduction and other plant efficiency efforts. - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the development and execution of projects. Provides guidance to engineering in the development and execution of simple to moderate project schedules
- Core Team Member Representation in assigned plant - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the NPI process. Demonstrated ability to put in place efficient plans to achieve production deliverables.
- Implementation of BD Processes, which include Deviations, Engineering Change Orders - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the development and execution of projects
- CAPA Execution - Emerging Subject Matter Expert in the CAPA process and execution of programs
- Engineering Standards such as ASME Y15.4 - Emerging Subject Matter Expert with all applicable engineering standards. Demonstrated ability to apply standards to engineering drawings.
- ISO compliance, FDA compliance, and cGMP efforts - Emerging Subject Matter Expert with all applicable FDA and ISO regulations and cGMP. Demonstrated ability to comply with all aspects of regulations
- ISO compliance - Emerging Subject Matter Expert with all applicable ISO regulations. Demonstrated ability to comply with all aspects of regulations
- Computer Aided Design work - Emerging Subject Matter Expert with major CAD modules. Demonstrated abilities in modeling, assembly, and drawing work.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing - Emerging Subject Matter Expert. Proficient in the understanding and application of all GD&T specifications.
- Technical Writing skills as applied to manufacturing documentation and process development – Emerging Subject Matter Expert. Proficient in the creation and revision of technical documentation. Reviews many technical writing documents prior to release.
- Carries out all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate, and accomplish results through peers and junior level engineers
- Able to organize and prioritize assignments providing direction to and participation in assigned functional teams.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
- Ability to represent functional and operations organization with clarity and manage conflict resolution in wide variety of settings.
- Supports and drives change management within function
- Key functional or cross functional liaison with stakeholders concerning operational or project deliverables.
- Capable to manage customer satisfaction initiatives.
- General knowledge and understanding of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR 820 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with 5 years of experience in an engineering role OR
- MS with 4 years of experience in an engineering role
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org