Norges Bank is Norway’s central bank. The Bank shall promote economic stability in Norway, has executive and advisory responsibilities in the area of monetary policy and is responsible for promoting robust and efficient payment systems and financial markets. Norges Bank manages Norway’s foreign exchange reserves and the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG). At the end of 2016, Norges Bank had approximately 900 employees.
The modeling unit at Norges Bank develops models and analytical tools, and carries out empirical analysis to enhance the basis for monetary policy decision-making and macroprudential policy guidance. Norges Bank is seeking to fill two permanent positions from 2018.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or a Master’s degree in economics with distinction. The candidate will be part of the team that develops the Bank’s structural models for policy analysis and that provides substantive analyses used by policymakers. Economists in the unit regularly produce research papers intended for publication in peer-reviewed journals and present their analyses at internal seminars and conferences.
- Develop and maintain the Bank’s core model for monetary policy analysis and forecasting (NEMO)
- Analyze interaction between monetary policy and financial stability
- Analyze optimal monetary policy responses
- Development of structural models for policy analysis
- Macroprudential stress-testing
- Empirical analysis of the transmission mechanism of macroprudential policy tools
- Cost-benefit analysis of macroprudential policy tools
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree
- Familiarity with programming tools (matlab or related)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with proficiency in written and spoken English
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Engaged, creative and result-oriented
- Interest in programming and computing
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
Please note that the position is subject to a clean police certificate and a good credit record.
- A unique chance to solve important questions alongside prominent economists in your field
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Opportunities for professional and individual advancement