Job Posting: 01/Jun/2020
Closure Date: 15/Jun/2020, 9:59:00 PM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Primary Location: Azerbaijan-Baku
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent will work in the FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Under the direct supervision of FEAZE, the technical supervision of Land Tenure Officer/RI1 Delivery Manager, REU or his representative, and in close coordination with the National Project Manager and the Community/Rural Mobiliser, the Business Advisor will prepare new training modules; provide training and/or technical advice for AMAL project beneficiaries.
- Prepare soft and hard copies of training modules on ‘Business management’, ‘Marketing and sales’, ‘Product development’, ‘Product sorting, grading, labelling and packaging’, ‘Financial management’ and ‘Risk management’;
- Provide training and/or technical advice for AMAL(Project on Enhancing employability in Agrar field) project beneficiaries under the prepared training modules in the targeted regions;
- Provide a final report about the implemented tasks.
University degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Economics;
- Proven working experience and qualification with background on business management or marketing related activities;
- Previous experience in providing training and/or technical advice on business management and marketing issues;
- Working knowledge of English
- Nationals of Azerbaijan
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
- Soft and hard copies of training modules on ‘Business management’, ‘Marketing and sales’, ‘Product development’, ‘Product sorting, grading, labelling and packaging’, ‘Financial management’ and ‘Risk management’ prepared.
- Training and/or technical advice for AMAL project beneficiaries under the prepared training modules in the targeted regions provided.
- Proven experience in the preparation of training modules on business management and marketing issues;
Participation in training activities, conferences, events, study tours on business management issues, close familiarity with business management in Azerbaijan;
Willingness to work with farmers in regions of Azerbaijan;
Strong mentoring and coaching skills;
Good understanding of agricultural issues in Azerbaijan;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT