Practitioner / consultant
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of projects in the region in their financial procedures and budgets, so that in coordination with the AFAOR Admin, the configuration of adequate accounting procedures, systems and internal controls is designed, according to the mandate, rules and regulations from FAO.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, expenses and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future financing requirements are met and in accordance with FAO standards and procedures.
- Coordinate with the FAO office team that all financial and administrative services are carried out efficiently and in line with FAO's needs in the territory.
- Monitor the centralized registration system to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with FAO standards.
- Provide guidance and technical advice on financial procedures and budget to the staff of FAO's implementing partners in the area, ensuring compliance with FAO's financial policies, standards and regulations.
- Support the preparation of reports to donors, government, United Nations System agencies and other interested parties, as well as corporate reports as required.
- Assist the FAO Administration in the proper maintenance of supplier accounts and the timely settlement of outstanding advances and other accounts receivable;
- Assist the FAO Administration in disbursements by ensuring adequate authorizations and backed by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Assist in the review and conduct of reconciliations of service providers, FAO procurement and financial administrative monitoring of this area in the letters of agreement of local strategic partners.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial information;
- Maintain an efficient management of the database to facilitate access and recovery of the information required for the implementation of the program;
- Support in the preparation of FAO procurement processes, in the identification of suppliers, local market capacities and other individuals necessary to expedite the process.
- Support staff in the reservation of hotels and per diem in accordance with the contracts already established and the regulations in force. Support the control, storage and distribution of office supplies.
- Collaborate with the inventories of the office, by continuously updating equipment assignments to staff.
- Assist in the management of the quality and integrity of the data related to the accounting of the products that FAO distributes to its beneficiaries.
- Support activities of the Representation when required, as well as the Sub offices.
- Other activities assigned by its line of supervision.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- The consultant must have at least a university degree in administration, accounting, finance, or related careers.
- Experience of at least two (5) years in development / humanitarian projects or public or private administration. Professional knowledge of Spanish, basic level of English.
- National of Venezuela or foreigner with visa or work permit in the country
Core competencies of FAO
- Results based approach
- Establishment of effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Practitioner / consultant