Researcher / analyst
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit’s Platforms and Regulatory Compliance brings together solutions that help customers comply with regulatory requirements while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of running their businesses. We are comprised of MarkitSERV, Corporate Actions, and Regulatory Compliance.
The Regulatory Compliance team offers a suite of Products that provide solutions for our clients with Tax Validation, Document Exchange and Managed Service to meeting their regulatory obligations. Our risk and regulatory compliance management solutions create a single source of the truth, with information about customers and vendors that is accurate and up to date. We provide extensive risk and compliance management coverage, allowing firms to reduce costs, reuse information and streamline processes with improved technology.
Counterparty Manager is an on-line platform for the sharing of KYC, AML and counterparty documentation between buyside and sellside firms. MCPM is a growing product where there has been rapid expansion in the number of clients supported and the number of documents sourced and supported, including ISDA and FATCA products.
The role of an Operations Analysis Analyst is to primarily act as an expert in Operations and Outreach campaigns relates to the Regulatory Compliance Under Markit Counterparty Manager (MCPM). As part of the team, candidate will focus on data analysis, proactively participate in special initiatives aimed at improving customer experience, work on Clients projects and explore opportunities to gain operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be required to gain process and product knowledge within 1-2 months, start processing live operations activities and partner with client service, product, development and quality assurance team to meet the day to day BAU requirements and get cross-skilled on multiple products.
Duties & accountabilities
- Operational support basis customer requirements on one or more products. This includes setting up accounts and users, running reports, researching on entities, supporting customers on their regulatory and compliance needs and mapping entities and vendors. Could involve first level of troubleshooting as well.
- ·Become highly skilled in understanding and maintaining Operational Processes, including assisting peers and leadership with creating SOPs, UAT testing and implementing a quality control review of operational activities.
- ·Ensure all customers receive first class service consistent with IHS Markit’s expectations including but not limited to identifying and resolving client issues, following up with clients based off SLAs, assisting with ad hoc projects and answering customer inquiries.
- ·Cultivate, foster, and manage relationships with internal clients
- ·Provide front line daily support for all clients including capture of bugs and enhancements.
- ·Work with business partners to validate the integrity of data and documents maintained for all Regulatory and Compliance platforms
- ·Develop a thorough understanding of IHSMarkit’s Outreach 360 platform and start assisting sender and receivers in managed services offering.
- ·Become highly skilled in the suite of solutions such as Core, Regulations and Tax Utility
- Develop understanding of and expertise on Regulatory and Compliance space, especially ISLA, SFTR, FATCA, ISDA, Vendor management, etc.
- Flexibility to work across UK and US shifts on a rotational basis
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience in KYC, Client Outreach Space, Regulatory & Compliance and financial data operations and Client support are required.
- Data analysis skills with basic knowledge of MS Excel and understand SQL & Oracle databases querying are preferable.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (Lightning), State Registries, JIRA platforms are preferred.
- Experience of multi-tasking and working in big team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with bank compliance and risk management a plus
- The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a team
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.