Researcher / analyst
IHS Markit DeltaOne is specialist provider of managed and installed data services, delivering world-class data, technology and service solutions focusing on the complex and evolving Index and ETF data needs. Used in the front, middle and back office by the world’s leading Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Fund Administrators, Prime Brokers and Hedge Funds.
The successful candidate will play a key part in maintaining the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of DeltaOne solutions data offering and working with cross functional teams to identify solutions in problem areas to remove operational inefficiencies. On the data enhancement aspect, the candidate will use advanced Excel, VBA and SQL skills translating operational requirements into technical solutions and tools. The team operates 24/7, thus interested candidates will be required to work in the all shifts including US hours on a rotational basis.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Validate the accuracy of data received from various sources. Ensure that this information is stored in databases and is accurately reflected on products by creating or running data quality checks and standards.
- Ensure the quality and time-efficient production of financial information to respective products.
- Respond to data queries from both internal and external clients and provide support to stakeholders.
- Monitor and research market events in order to anticipate changes. Ensure a deep understanding of the markets and business events.
- Work with and involve cross functional teams to provide Root Cause Analysis to identify solutions in problem areas.
- Consolidate information around the dataset leading to the establishment of best practices.
- Perform automated/semi-automated checks to ensure production of high quality content.
- Ensure MOW’s are documented and maintained.
- Coordinate and Delegate work as per team requirements
- Identify data quality improvement projects, and good design practices
- Intermediate Excel and SQL skills, including being able to write basic SQL queries.
- Proven ability to utilize data and systems tools available
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree/ Post Graduate or equivalent in ideally Finance, Economics, Business, Computer Science.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of equities & capital markets. Specific knowledge around Index/ETF and Corporate Actions highly preferred.
- 1+ years of business operations experience and must be flexible in addressing dynamic business needs.
- Must have a strong interest in finance and also be up to date with current global financial market news.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to take on multiple tasks at a time, hardworking, and efficient.
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills and is expected to interact professionally across business units within the company.
- Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position, and it is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a global team environment.
IHS Markit is a leading, global financial information services company, the company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset cl asses in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial marketplace. For more information, please see https://ihsmarkit.com/
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.