Mid-level industry position
IHS Markit expertise in the securities finance industry helps customers manage securities lending programmes, optimise trading performance and enhance investment decision making. Our securities finance dataset covers more than $25 trillion of global securities in the lending programmes of more than 20,000 institutional funds. It includes more than ten years of history with over three million intraday transactions. Our securities finance offering provides insight into market sentiment and trading transparency from a macro to individual stock level. It also delivers Tri-Party Repo data and analytics to provide enhanced visibility and insight into the market for collateral cash investments, demand, pricing and usage. Collateral and funding managers of prime dealers, banks, money market funds, securities lenders, hedge funds, insurance companies and corporations can benefit from our comprehensive combination of Repo and securities lending data and analytics.
Markit Securities Finance (MSF) – Regulatory product provides a full front-to-back Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR) solution to support the industry in meeting their reporting obligations. Our SFTR client base covers almost all the tier 1 and tier 2 names in the securities finance industry and is split across a healthy mix of market participants. Our offering provides clients the flexibility to design their solution on our modular approach.
SFTR India team is a greenfield set up and provides an excellent opportunity for a graduate or an experienced professional to gain knowledge in Securities Finance industry across equities, repo, Prime Brokerage margin lending and commodities lending. Given the nature of this highly complex regulation, it offers candidates a great opportunity to understand all facets of the global securities finance industry and the intricate network of market participants. The Content team will be focusing on day to day activities required to do the reporting to the Trade Repository, manage client onboarding and partner global teams to work as client experience business analysts.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Act as a SME for all data, client onboarding and project design related issues.
- Manage client queries in an efficient and timely manner for issues related to the contributed content accuracy, until resolution.
- Partner global team in client discussions and internal design forums.
- Collaborate with our project partners to drive exchange of information and seamless implementation of our solution.
- Participate in client data validation and testing.
- Act as mentor and coach for junior associates and help understand the product and our offering and guide them to upgrade their knowledge and technical skills.
- Regular review of existing procedure and suggest enhancements that support accuracy and integrity of the content.
- Proactively review existing quality control processes to improve accuracy
- Content Production:
- Production and quality assurance of risk management reports.
- Management and processing of third party related content and processes
- Content Testing Support:
- Test production environment for the purposes of testing existing processing of content prior to every software deploy.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and ensure follow up and resolution
- Take a pro-active role with content testing of data in new products.
- Content Expertise:
- Ensure up to date training on all existing and new process changes or additions that impact production and quality of content.
- Build expertise relating to content and securities Lending
- Expertise in analysing content in order to make accurate and informed judgements when validating anomalies or escalating issues.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience and knowledge working with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL and intuitive understanding of databases will be an advantage.
Knowledge and experience in financial information services industry advantageous
Strong knowledge of Securities Finance is preferred though not essential
The ideal candidate should be bright, dynamic, with an enthusiasm to develop their experience and knowledge, whilst seeking to start a career in the financial services industry. They should have great attention to detail and first class problem solving skills. A highly organised individual, you will be able to handle multiple tasks, to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
Candidates must be aware of the impact of their actions on other team members.
Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with team members and clients, a very good level of English (written and oral) is required.
Strong work ethic and enjoys working in a global team environment.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Country: India
Copyright © 2021 IHS Markit. All rights reserved.