Researcher / analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Job ID
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide the required accounting and analytical support to manufacturing operations for Promega’s Madison manufacturing operations. To assist in capturing and reporting production performance and ensure the control and proper valuation of inventories. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Update product standard costs on annual basis with updated BOM, recipe and activity rate values.
2. Working with operations team understand practical and expected capacity availability at manufacturing locations for use in determining overhead activity rates.
3. Perform analytical review of annual standard cost changes, present findings to upper management.
4. Review manufacturing order variances and purchase price variances on a timely basis to correct errors before month end.
5. Ensure new product standard costs are calculated and updated in ERP system with accurate costs on a timely basis.
6. Prepare month and year end accruals, process journal entries and reconcile accounts for inventory and manufacturing related general ledger accounts.
7. Verify the accuracy of inventory transactions including material usage, scrap and cycle count postings.
8. Calculation and documentation of slow moving inventory reserve for Madison inventory.
9. Analyze and report key financial and operational information/variances to management including price, labor and overhead absorption and on a monthly basis.
10. Support the development of overhead rates for manufacturing, plant maintenance, production projects and R&D.
11. Assists with planning, coordinating and reconciling the annual physical inventory.
12. Assists in the preparation of cost of sales and inventory planning for the annual forecasting.
13. Document inventory and cost accounting procedures.
15. Provide outside auditors with year-end schedules and supporting materials as needed.
16. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
17. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
2. 2 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Corporate accounting / general ledger / cost accounting experience.
4. High level of computer and data query and modeling skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
2. Passion for cost accounting.
3. Enjoys working in a team environment.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Share on your newsfeed