This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s goals and objectives as it relates to payroll and accounting.
This position will be responsible for collecting and entering all aspects of pay data necessary for multi-State bi-weekly payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now. Additional responsibilities include general administrative support, and accounting data entry.
Position reports directly to the Director, Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Obtains appropriate approvals for time card discrepancies and other matters as appropriate, and validates overtime hours.
• Processes and closes periodic payroll.
• Provides general benefits and payroll support to employees.
• Monitors timekeeping compliance to include hours worked, rest periods and meal breaks in accordance with federal and state labor laws.
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages, and assists with W-2 reconciliation.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Reconciles payroll liabilities, enters payroll related journal entries into company’s ERP (Sage 300).
• Provides general data entry accounting support, such as journal entries, customer receipts and manual invoice and payment batches.
• Provides general office administrative support.
High school diploma or equivalent, with three years of payroll processing experience. Associates degree in business preferred. Payroll and/or bookkeeping certifications highly valued.
Experience and Skills
• Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to maintaining confidentiality.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations.
• Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. ADP Workforce Now, MS products).
• Strong math and numerical skills.
• Familiarity with general accounting principles.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving.
Richmond , United States