Researcher / analyst
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce – starting right at ESD!
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the #PowertoHelp when people need it most. We provide our communities with inclusive workforce solutions that promote economic resilience and prosperity. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and provide paid family and medical leave.
Our Labor Market and Economic Analysis team is in need of a Performance Management Analyst to assist us with program evaluations.
The work we do matters. The LMEA team supports the agency mission and the employment process by providing businesses, individuals and other customers with the labor market information they need to succeed in a changing economy. Our Performance Management Analysts support the agency’s strategic goals and oversight of the workforce system, provide technical advice and information about workforce data, performance measurements and indicator outcomes.
As a Performance Management Analyst, you will work with the LMEA System Performance team to plan and conduct studies and projects to research and analyze specific issues, impacts, trends, and cause-effect relationships related to WorkSource performance reporting. Your keen insight will be called upon as you analyze data that will allow you to prepare professional-level oral, written and graphical communications. Your scope of responsibilities will include designing, building and maintaining the various WorkSource performance reporting dashboards and other visualizations System Performance Dashboard using complex SQL Queries, Tableau Analytics, Power BI, and other software tools.
What a typical day looks like:
- Conduct data analysis and apply it to the design and development of performance related routine and ad-hoc reports; follow a structured process for report development.
- Assist in identification of data integrity issues and data requirements.
- Ensure that the implementation of Statewide Funded Discretionary grants meets Reporting requirements and conduct ongoing impact analysis based on user input.
- Validate Federal Reporting and WIOA Performance related data and provide business and logic requirements to the vendor to ensure data integrity compliance.
To request a detailed position description click here.
- A Master's degree or equivalent in a Ph.D. program in economics, public finance or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in economic and/or data analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, public finance, or closely allied field.
- Five years of professional experience in economic and/or data analysis.
- Two (2) years as an Economic and/or Data Analyst in State service.
Professional experience in economic analysis may be substituted, year for year, for the required education, provided a Bachelor's degree in economics, public finance or closely allied field has been obtained.
Additional graduate training in economics or public finance may be substituted, year for year, for experience.
Additional Requirements of Employment:
- Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
Researcher / analyst
212 Maple Park Ave SE
WA 98501 Olympia , United States