Researcher / analyst
STATEC, Luxembourg’s National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies, is recruiting an environmental economist or engineer for its forecasting and modelling unit.
The chosen candidate will work on modelling energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions as well as related issues within the economy. To achieve this, the ideal candidate will manage the following responsibilities:
- Follow and analyze national and international trends in the field of energy transition and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Explore causal links between energy consumption, emissions and economic activity
- Develop state of the art models and analytical tools.
- Make short-and long-term forecasts and evaluate the economic, social and environmental impacts of related policy measures.
- Publish and present related studies, inform decision makers and participate in international institutions’ working groups (EU, OECD, IEA).
- Advanced knowledge in macroeconomics, econometrics and environmental economics
- Strong analytical skills as well as a sound experience in economic modelling (econometrics, computable general equilibrium or others)
- Programing skills (Eviews, GAMS, Matlab, R, Python)
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and scientific rigor
- Ability to process and conceptualize vast amounts of information
- Solution oriented, autonomous working attitude
- Team player, enthusiasm and reliability
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Academic and/or industry experience in the field.
If you see yourself as a potential candidate, please send your curriculum vitae and a short letter of motivation to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted via govjobs.public.lu* before May 10th. We will provide guidance through this application system as a reply to your email.