Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Role Description: This position will provide general and cost accounting duties and perform assignments as the controller may direct.
- Audit and control plant accounting process in line with appropriate accounting guidelines and policies.
- Must understand and apply contract language and practices.
- Prepare and issue all weekly Labor reports that are used to control and report labor performance.
- Work with plant management to resolve variances and assist them with control of labor.
- Confirm authorization to pay all non-PO invoices code and submit for payment approval.
- Provide backup for Production Reporting Raw Material and Paper receipts and Outside Warehouse Reconciliations.
- Assist with Finished Goods inventory reconciliation process to include adjustment entries reconciliation and audits.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in finance accounting business or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
- Professional certification is a plus. Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with management and outside customers.
- Must have exceptional problem solving analytical and technical skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion. Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you’ll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Fresno