Executive / senior industry position
Cytel is shaping the future of drug development. As the world's largest independent clinical biostatistics research and development organization, we help leading pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies improve clinical success rates via optimal study design, effective data management, accurate statistical analysis and software. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, we are always on the lookout for passionate and talented people who share our mission of ensuring the clinical development of safe and effective medicines.
In collaboration with Business Development, the Portfolio Director will ensure an account plan is in place and executed to meet growth, revenue and profitability targets for assigned clients within the Project-Based Services (PBS) and FSP divisions. You will provide operational oversight of awarded work to ensure consistent and positive client experience and delivery of awarded work within scope, timeline and profitability. You will work with Cytel project staff assigned to client grouping, interact with senior management on the client side, and with Cytel Proposals, Business Development, functional management, and Finance groups to achieve goals.
Position is remote in the U.S., with option to work from our office in Waltham, MA or King of Prussia, PA.
- Oversee development and implementation of project strategies and selling propositions.
- Provide guidance related to operational strategy within proposals for assigned clients.
- Approve proposals and budgets (new projects and changes in scope) for assigned client grouping.
- In conjunction with Business Development, oversee development and implementation of global Account Plans and customer strategies.
- Ensure monthly revenue review meetings for assigned projects (revenue recognition and forecast).
- Identify potential changes in scope through review of reconciliation reports and ensure PM and Proposal group quantify change orders in a timely fashion or PM and team implement appropriate actions to return project to contractual profitability level.
- Conduct regular operational review of projects within assigned accounts to ensure project delivery.
- Support project teams in resolving issues on their own, and act as point of escalation for issues that cannot be resolved by Cytel project team.
- Maintain regular contact with clients in assigned grouping, leading Governance committees for example. Support PM in communications regarding scope changes, as needed.
- Hold regular cross-functional meetings with Group Leaders assigned to client portfolio to implement best practices and problem-solve common issues.
- Ensure proper handover for new project awards for assigned clients.
- 10 years relevant work experience, preferably in Biostatistics, Programming, Data Management, Project Management.
- 5 years management experience, with some in CRO environment.
- Strong client service focus, building trust and effectively communicating with internal portfolio team, Cytel management, and sponsors. Ability to anticipate client needs and interact at executive level.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to build effective teams, motivate others, and delegate effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership & proactivity to develop long-term solutions vs. short-term fixes.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Our collaborative working environment encourages innovation and rewards results, and we are proud to have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
- In addition to a competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefit’s package, annual bonus incentive; promote work-life balance, and the opportunity to grow with us!
- Work with respected experts and thought leaders in the fields of biostatistics and statistical programming.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.