Faculty / postdoc
61 avenue de la Forêt Noire
University of Strasbourg
BETA - Faculty of Economics and Management
Post-doc Fellowship in Economics / Econometrics
The Bureau for Economic Theory and Applications of the University of Strasbourg
has a vacant Post-doc position - it is a full time position
The Department is looking for strong candidates in Econometrics to be involved in an ANR (Agence Nationale pour la Recherche) project on female labour supply and fertility choices. Excellence in research will be the primary selection criterion for this position.
The PhD position will be located at the research centre of the Faculty, the Bureau for Theoretical
and Applied Economics.
BETA's activities cover a large range of topics dealing with basic as well as applied scientific research in the fields of economics and management science. Some mobility is required as project partners are located in Bonn and Mannheim.
- PhD with strong potential for publications.
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Good mastery of both written and spoken English
The Faculty of Economics and Management is located in the
centre of Strasbourg. For more information on the BETA,
including its research fields and staff members, please visit:
Starting as soon as possible for a maximum appointment duration of 14 months (mandatory end 31.12.2017). Salary in accordance with the French national regulations applicable to Post-doc fellows,
a minimum of 2,400 Euros (net of social security contributions) per month.
The application shall include
- A CV with academic references (people who can be contacted for obtaining recommendation letters),
- Academic transcripts (including, if available, performance of applicants relative to their cohort),
- A sample of academic papers or publications (preferably relevant to the empirical study of female labour supply and fertility choices)
- A letter in which the applicant outlines her/his future research agenda.
Documents should be sent to:
by email or mail.
Applications will only be considered if they are complete and received by October 15th, 2017. The fellowship is due to start ASAP.