UAM, one of twenty campuses of the University of Arkansas System, is located in southeastern Arkansas in the beautiful timberlands, rich in outdoor recreation activities, and approximately 100 miles south of Little Rock. UAM is a comprehensive, residential and commuter, undergraduate institution also offering selected master’s degree programs.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via the OEOC website: Applicants are required to submit a request for each position to which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 870-460-1422.
Summary of Job Duties:
• Design data collection instruments for mill and logger capacity studies
• Writing research proposals
• Using growth models to project future conditions of state forests under increased harvest levels
• Teaching short courses in forest finance / appraisals / taxation / certification
• Analysis of logger harvest and hauling costs
• Determination of workforce availability and training needs for wood industry
• Report writing and publication
• Professional presentations
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in or closely related to forest economics, forest finance, forest policy, product products marketing, or forest operations. Familiarity with spatial analysis/GIS is also desired. Practical experience and applied research interest in advancing forest enterprises are required. Candidates should have the ability to work closely with the forest industry in promoting sustainable forest-based economic growth. The ability to work collaboratively with other faculty members and representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations is also important.
Required Documents to Apply:
List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
2404 N University Ave
AR 72207 Little Rock , United States