The Climate Policy Department at DIW Berlin uses empirical and theoretical approaches to investigate the effectiveness and design options of policy instruments and regulatory frameworks for the transformation towards climate neutrality. The department focuses on the electricity and industry sector, sustainable finance, and international climate cooperation.
We are looking for a
interested in exploring how international climate finance can support the just transition to climate neutrality, with particular focus on emerging economies. This may involve economic approaches or methods from political science.
The successful candidate will conduct research within the framework of multi-year cooperation projects with international partners. This allows for the development of research questions and discussion of interim results, insights and implications not only in an academic context but also with relevant stakeholders. The research produced in the course of the projects will be aimed to publication in peer-reviewed journals as well as in policy reports.
- PhD in economics, political science or related field.
- Good understanding of applied microeconomics/industrial organization
- Expertise in political science or policy analysis in sectors relevant to climate policy
- Experience in scientific policy advice or international research cooperation
- Very good language skills in English and German
- Initiative and interest in teamwork
- An interesting job in a dynamic research environment that tackles socially relevant research and policy questions.
- Work in a supportive team of experienced researchers
The position is limited to a maximum of 2 years with an option to extend. Payment is according to EG 14 TVöD Bund.
We highly appreciate diversity and are thus pleased to receive any application - irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, or ethnic and social background.
Please apply online by 10.12.2021, quoting the reference number KLI-2-21. Please do NOT include a photo with your application.