The ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys has a vacancy as of 1 November 2018 for a postdoc researcher (m/f) focusing on time series econometrics to work on ifo’s economic forecasts.
The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognised research in the field of economics and provides intensive training for junior economists.
The ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys conducts macroeconomic research, is heavily involved in economic policy advisory work, and also prepares the ifo Institute’s economic forecasts and its business climate index.
- Conduct research in the field of time series econometrics and their application to macroeconomic questions
- Give presentations at international conferences and publish research results in internationally reputable journals
- Work with colleagues to prepare the macroeconomic forecasts
- Transfer of research results to the public debate
- Concept, acquisition, supervision and work on third-party funded projects
- A strong doctorate in economics
- Proven knowledge and experience of time series econometrics and their application to macroeconomic issues demonstrated by publications
- Knowledge of forecasting methods and empirical business cycle research would be an advantage
- Good econometric and statistical software skills
- Outstanding language skills (oral and written) in English and German
- Conduct research and policy consulting at a leading economic research institute in Europe
- Participation in the Junior Faculty Program and opportunity to teach at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Opportunity to gain international experience and build networks (CESifo)
- A working contract initially limited to three years with an option to extend.
- Compensation and benefits based on the German public service pay scale (TV-L).
The ifo Institute supports gender equality in the workplace. Women are expressly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your completed application under reference number 2018-014 MB-PD by 31 August 2018 preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your covering letter, curriculum vitae and certificates in a single pdf file.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
81679, Poschingerstraße 5
Munich , Germany