The Chair for Empirical Economics (Prof. Dr. Marco Caliendo) at the University of Potsdam invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Empirical Economics.
The initial contract is limited to 3 years (potentially renewable) starting on March 1, 2020 (later starting date possible). The remuneration is according to the German collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 TV-L, 100%).
Applicants must have
- a PhD in Economics (or should be close to completion of their PhD when starting the job),
- a strong interest in empirical economics (especially labor economics, policy evaluation or entrepreneurship) and
- excellent knowledge in applied econometrics/statistics (or machine learning).
The postdoctoral position offers an attractive research environment and a dynamic team atmosphere. The University of Potsdam is situated at the gates of Berlin, with close ties to the universities, research institutions and research networks in the Berlin area (BSE/BDPEMS, BeNA, etc.).
Teaching obligations amount to 3 hours a week (4 SWS), for example in undergraduate and graduate level statistics and econometrics or applied topics (policy evaluation). As undergraduate teaching will be in German, language proficiency in German is required.
More detailed information about:
- the job opening is available here: PDF (in German only)
- the Chair of Empirical Economics is available here: www.empwifo.de
Application procedure: Please send your application (and any questions that you might have) to Prof. Dr. Marco Caliendo at email@example.com and attach the usual documents (CV, job market paper and research statement plus at least two reference letters in separate mail from your supervisor/placement officer). Applications will be accepted until November 15, 2019. The University of Potsdam supports the European Job Market 2019 in Rotterdam and will conduct part of the interviews there (together with BERA/BSE).