At the Department of Health Sciences and Medicine at the University of Lucerne we are looking to fill a postdoctoral position in Applied Economics/Econometrics.
The University of Lucerne is the youngest university in Switzerland. Founded in 2000, it comprises the four faculties of Theology, Cultural and Social Sciences, Law, Economics and the Department of Health Sciences and Medicine and has around 3'000 students. The Department of Health Sciences and Medicine promotes research and teaching in the areas of health, functioning, rehabilitation and well-being of individuals and society as a whole. We are committed to the close linking of science and practice as well as a broad national and international orientation.
As of March 1, 2022, or by agreement, we are looking to fill a
Postdoctoral Position (100%) in Applied Economics / Econometrics
The successful candidate will become a member of the research unit in health economics and will be affiliated with the Center for Health, Policy and Economics. He/she will be involved in research projects in health economics and econometrics and will be expected to build up an innovative research agenda. The health economics group is particularly interested in questions related to decision-making in the context of health, including health insurance choices and system design, socio-economic inequalities in health and related outcomes, the interaction between education, health and the labor market, design-based econometrics, and health policy evaluation. A special focus of the group's research program is laid on linking and exploring new data sources, experimental and quasi-experimental research, and causal machine learning.
- Develop and conduct innovative research in health economics
- Disseminate research through scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Develop and write research proposals
- Attend and present at scientific conferences and workshops
- Interact with other members of the department and participate in project meetings
- Supervise students and offer research assistance
- Teach at the Bachelor or Master's level
What we expect from you:
- Ph.D. in Economics, or close to graduation (candidates from the following fields are particularly encouraged to apply: public economics, labor/health economics, applied microeconomics, econometrics)
- Strong interest in and ability for excellent academic research
- Extensive experience in quantitative research
- Programming experience in Stata, R, Python, or related languages
- Dedication, ability to work in a team, and ability to work independently
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
What we offer:
- Attractive work environment within an interdisciplinary and international team
- Pleasant and constructive working atmosphere
- Support for building your own scientific career and further training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and a centrally located workplace in Lucerne
- Salary according to cantonal regulations
For questions regarding the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Boes
(041 229 59 49; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Lucerne is an equal opportunities employer. The Department of Health Sciences and Medicine embraces inclusion and diversity as key values and implements specific measures to remove any barriers in the recruitment process and career progression.
The position is restricted to 5 years.
Interviews will be conducted mid/end of January 2022.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application consisting of a single pdf-file, including a letter of interest, a CV with a list of publications, a research statement and the names of three people who would be willing to provide a reference, as well as copies of diplomas (Master und Ph.D. degree) by January 3, 2022 by clicking on the apply button on our website www.unilu.ch/jobs