The Cluster of Excellence "The Politics of Inequality" invites applications for the postdoctoral position in its project “Inequality Barometer: A Repeated Representative Opinion Survey on Inequality and Social Mobility”, starting September 1, 2021 until May 31, 2025. The position is for full-time work; Salary Scale is E13 TV-L. Reference Number is 2021/111.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy. The Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality” involves researchers from political science, sociology, economics, linguistics, psychology, law and education studies. The Cluster’s researchers investigate inequality in areas such as education, income and wealth, and participation rights. They study how people perceive these inequalities, how they lead to collective mobilization, and how political actors respond to them.
The cluster-funded project “Inequality Barometer: A Repeated Representative Opinion Survey on Inequality and Social Mobility” studies how subjective perceptions and normative evaluations of inequality and social mobility are formed and how they are related to policy preferences using survey and experimental designs. The interdisciplinary project team consists of Dr. Luna Bellani (Economics), Prof. Dr. Marius Busemeyer (Political Science) and Prof. Dr. Guido Schwerdt (Economics). The successful applicant will be a member of the project team and contribute to its research and communication activities. Developing an independent research agenda within the project is highly encouraged.
- PhD in economics, political science, or related area
- Interest in and experience in research on inequality
- Advanced knowledge of survey and experimental methods
- Ability to work constructively and effectively as part of a research team
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Experience and/or willingness to contribute to science communication
- Participation in a cutting-edge research project
- The initial employment is at 100% salary scale E13 TV-L
- Professional development opportunities
- Attractive research environment within the Cluster of Excellence
- A letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Names and contacts of two potential references
- A paper (or chapter) from the dissertation or a recent working paper
Please arrange your application documents into a single PDF file to submit your application via our Online Application Portal.
The deadline for application is: 28 May 2021, 12:00 pm CET. For further information, please contact Luna Bellani: email@example.com. For more information on the Cluster, please visit: http://inequality.uni.kn.
In principle, this position can be divided into two part-times positions. The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. To find out how the University of Konstanz supports working couples through its dual career programme, please visit: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/dcc. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).