Postdoctoral position in Economics, specializing in decision making under uncertainty, behavioral and experimental economics, climate change economics, and environmental psychology
IÉSEG School of Management and Lille Economics and Management (LEM, CNRS) invite applications for a 2-year, fully funded Postdoctoral position in Economics with the emphasis on economics of risk and uncertainty at its Lille campus starting in September 2021.
The postdoctoral researcher will join the IÉSEG research center on risk and uncertainty (iRisk) to work on the research project CLAM (Climate Ambiguity), whose objective is to use state-of-the-art behavioral research techniques (from laboratory to field experiments) to understand individual’s perception of, and reaction to, ambiguity with particular attention to the uncertainty pertaining to climate change. The project is in collaboration with researchers from Bocconi University (Milan) and Erasmus School of Economics (Rotterdam).
- Have a Ph.D. (or be close to completion) in economics or psychology. He/she is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence.
- Applicants should be completely fluent in English. Prior knowledge of French is not required.
- Experience in conducting theoretical and/or applied research using both analytical and quantitative methods in one or more of the following areas is requested.
- A) Behavioral/experimental economics (preferably specialized in decision making under uncertainty)
- B) Decision theory (with strong interest in applying experimental methods and in climate change economics)
- C) Climate change economics (with a strong interest in studying decision making under uncertainty)
- D)Environmental psychology (with a strong interest in conducting multi-disciplinary research with economists and integrating to a school of management)
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2021. The appointment is for 24 months. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The researcher will be based in Lille (on the site of IÉSEG School of Management). The post-doctoral researcher will also be expected to engage in teaching activities in line with her/his expertise, though to a limited extent.
The candidate will be working directly with Prof. Aydogan and the other members of iRisk (https://irisk.ieseg.fr/team-members/members/). The candidate will also benefit from interactions with Prof. Valentina Bosetti and Massimo Marinacci in Milan (Bocconi University), and Prof. Peter Wakker in Rotterdam (Erasmus University Rotterdam).
To apply, please follow this link. http://recruitment.ieseg.fr/jobs/1162334-postdoctoral-position-in-economics-specializing-in-decision-making-under-uncertainty-behavioral-and?promotion=233290-trackable-share-link-inomics
Interested applicants need to submit their application package, consisting of the cover letter (no more than 1 page), curriculum vitae, job market paper, the names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees (and possibly letters of recommendation merged into a single PDF.
Applicants should also identify the area/s they are applying for (from A to D).
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Closing date for the receipt of applications: May 20, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT iRisk Research Center
- IÉSEG Research Center on Risk and Uncertainty (iRisk) was launched in January 2020 to support further research activities in the field of decision-making under risk and uncertainty.
- The mission of research developed at iRisk is to better understand and improve decisions about environment, health, and other risks.
- For more information on iRisk: https://irisk.ieseg.fr/
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG is proud to be triple crowned AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and an active member of the French ‘Conférence des Grandes Écoles’.
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research).
- IÉSEG actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and rewards high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
- The IÉSEG faculty is highly qualified and diverse with over 40 different nationalities represented.
- IÉSEG offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels), and our Paris Campus is centrally located in the biggest European business district of "La Défense”. Both premises provide state of the art technology in the classrooms and offer an excellent research environment. To find out more about IÉSEG: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
- LEM is a research unit associating the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Lille and the Catholic University of Lille
- LEM comprises about 180 researchers and 80 doctoral students in economics, management and statistics.
- Research at LEM is multi-disciplinary in economics and management and is centered on societal issues.
- LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.