Lille Economics and Management (LEM, CNRS) and IÉSEG School of Management invite applications for a 2-year, fully funded Postdoctoral position in Economics with the emphasis on economics of risk and uncertainty at its Lille campus starting in September 2019.
The postdoctoral researcher will join a team to work on the research project INDUCED (Integrating Deep Uncertainty in Climate Change Modelling), whose objective is to propose new ways of incorporating preferences people have with respect to deep uncertainty in the decision-making processes related to climate policy. The project is in collaboration with researchers from Bocconi University.
The global aim of the French-Italian collaboration is to address long-lasting cooperation in decision-making under uncertainty regarding environmental issues.
- Have a Ph.D. (or be close to completion) in economics. He/she is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence.
- Applicants should be completely fluent in English. Prior knowledge of French is not required.
- Experience in conducting theoretical and/or applied research using both analytical and numerical methods in one or more of the following areas is requested:
- Behavioral/experimental economics (preferably specialized in decision making under uncertainty)
- Decision theory (with strong interest in applying experimental methods and in climate change economics)
- Climate change economics (with a strong interest in studying decision making under uncertainty)
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2019. The initial appointment is for 12 months and can be renewed once. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The researcher will be based in Lille (on the site of IESEG School of Management) and is expected to spend several visiting stays in Milan (Bocconi University).
The candidate will be working directly with Profs. Loïc Berger, David Crainich, Uyanga Turmunkh and Wanda Mimra in Lille and could benefit from interactions with Profs. Valentina Bosetti and Massimo Marinacci in Milan (Bocconi University).
Interested applicants need send their application package, consisting of the cover letter (no more than 1 page), curriculum vitae, job market paper, the names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees (and possibly letters of recommendation), and a statement (1 page) that describes your motivation for working in our group, merged into a single PDF document bearing the applicant’s name and the reference code “INDUCED-Postdoc” reserved for this opening by e-mail at email@example.com
Applicants should also identify the area/s they are applying for (from A to C).
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail.
April 30, 2019.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
- LEM is a research unit associating the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Lille and the Catholic University of Lille
- LEM comprises about 180 researchers and 80 doctoral students in economics, management and statistics.
- Research at LEM is multi-disciplinary in economics and management and is centered on societal issues.
- LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles.”
- The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
- IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with more than 40 different nationalities represented.
3 RUE DE LA DIGUE
Lille , France