Faculty / researcher
I. Karvaša 1
National Bank of Slovakia, Research department invites applications for an open position
The successful candidate will be involved and responsible for pursuing research projects in the area of either monetary policy or in financial stability. The agenda also includes economic analysis and preparing recommendations in the area of economic policy. Regular publication of research papers is expected.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- To conduct applied research in the area of monetary policy or in financial stability
- To present and publish the research project(s) results
- To prepare statements and briefing materials for the governor, deputy governor or executive director meetings held in the European Central Bank, European Commission, International Monetary Fund, OECD, World Bank or Slovak government authorities
- To provide professional expertise and cooperate with other departments at National Bank of Slovakia
- PhD in economics, mathematics, natural sciences or social sciences is required
- At least 4 years of experience in conducting research and/or preparing economic analysis
- Excellent command of English; command of other languages as French, German or Russian are considered as an advantage
- Solid knowledge in the area of macroeconomics, finance, mathematics and statistics
- Basic understanding of history and structure of central European economies and solid understanding of the world economy
- Advanced econometric skills and practical experience with common econometric and/or statistical software (e.g. Matlab, Stata, eViews or other)
- Experience with drafting research papers and their presentation
- Academic publications record
- Ability to work independently and manage projects over longer horizons
- Appropriate communication and presentation skills
- Innovative, creative and proactive approach
- Responsibility and reliability
- Work on challenging and exciting research projects
- Cooperation with other experts in the field
- Opportunities for professional and individual growth
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Annual salary within the range 23-28.000 EUR
The contract is intended for the period of up to 12-months. With respect to the Labour Code, this position would be classified as a maternity leave substitute.
To apply, please email your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before September 30, 2017.
National bank of Slovakia is the central bank of the Slovak Republic. Since 1 January 2009, National Bank of Slovakia has been part of the Eurosystem. In cooperation with the European Central Bank and central banks of the euro area countries, it maintains the price stability. Within the Eurosystem, National Bank of Slovakia fulfils tasks related to: monetary policy, foreign exchange operations and reserves, issuing euro banknotes and coins, payment systems, statistics, international cooperation, mutual cooperation and support among central banks and financial stability in the euro area. Another important role of the National Bank of Slovakia is supervision of the financial market.